St. Sebastians Chapel Brig


The chapel consists of a tower-like central building over an octagonal ground plan with an indented, polygonal choir. A lantern is enthroned on the pyramid roof. The gable-roofed portal porch is supported on two pairs of columns. The late Gothic sculptures of St. Leodegar and St. Jerome stand in the wall recesses on the façade. Inside there is an altarpiece with a depiction of St. Sebastian and a townscape of Brig painted by Lorenz Justin Ritz in 1837. The belfry and the bell are dated 1880. In addition, the Stockalper coat of arms is emblazoned above the entrance portal. The coats of arms of Hans Stockalper and Christoph Perrig can still be seen on the holy water stone from 1637.

Opening Hours

Holy Mass* Saturdays at 08.00 a.m.

*except 1st Saturday of the month, July/Aug. and funerals